DOCTRINAL STATEMENT ADDENDUM:ON ABOLISHING ABORTION
DOCTRINAL STATEMENT ADDENDUM: ON ABOLISHING ABORTION.PDF
This document can serve as a robust addition to your church’s doctrinal statement to strengthen and solidify your position on abolishing abortion.
- Abortion: The unjustified, premeditated killing of a preborn human being. Also known as murder.
- Abolish: To formally and officially end, or outlaw a law, system, practice, or institution.
- Abolitionism: The doctrine that answers the question: “How does the Bride of Christ address and combat great evil in our society?” The abolitionist’s answer is: “Cease to do evil, immediately, without exception or compromise.”
- Abortion Abolitionism answers the question, “How does the Bride of Christ address and combat the great evil of the unjustified, premeditated killing (murder) of preborn humans in our society?” The abolitionist answer is: “Officially cease murdering the preborn, immediately without exception or compromise.”
- Five Tenets of Abortion Abolition – G.A.T.E.S.: Gospel-Centered, Aligned Providentially, Through the Church, Engaged Biblically, Sought Immediately without Exception or Compromise.
- Five Components of Abolition Bills: (1) outlaw abortion from conception; (2) include no exceptions for abortion; (3) criminalize abortion itself, and establish equal justice for the preborn; (4) do not submit to the unconstitutional ruling in Roe; and (5) repeal or supersede all statutes which allow for abortion.
- From the moment of fertilization, all humans are created in God’s image by, through, and for Jesus to the glory of God, and all souls belong to Him (Genesis 1:27; 4:1; 21:2; Isaiah 7:14; Colossians 1:16; Romans 11:36; Ezekiel 18:4).
- As God’s image-bearers, all humans both display His divine worth, power, and attributes, and possess equal, objective worth before God, not varying based on incidental characteristics; such as ethnicity, age, size, means of conception, mental development, physical development, gender, potential, or contribution to society (Rom 1:19-20; Gen. 1:27; 9:6; Matthew 18:6).
- Abortion is murder, and to murder any preborn image-bearer is a sin, violating both the natural law of retributive justice as set forth in the Noahic covenant, as well as the sixth commandment forbidding murder, and as such, is ultimately an assault on God’s image, seeking to usurp God’s sovereignty as Creator (Gen. 9:5-6; Exodus 20:13; Proverbs 6:17).
- God’s Word declares that all human life is a sacred gift and that His Law is supreme over man’s life and man’s law (Psalm 127:3-5; 139:13-16; Rom 2:15-16; Acts 10:42; 17:31; 1 Corinthians 4:5).
- God commands His people to “rescue those who are being taken away to death” and holds them responsible and without excuse when they fail to do so (Prov. 24:11-12).
- God establishes all governing authorities as His avenging servants to carry out His wrath on the evildoer and commands these authorities to judge justly, neither showing partiality to the wicked, nor using unequal standards, which are abominations (Psa 82; Prov. 20:10; Rom 13:4).
- In 1973, the Supreme Court of the United States rendered an iniquitous decision on Roe v. Wade, and in doing so, deprived the innocent of their rights, and usurped God, who sovereignly ordained their authority (Isa 5:23; 10:1-2; Psa 2; Matt 22:21; John 19:11; Acts 4:19; 5:29, Rom 13:1).
- In the Roe v. Wade decision, the Supreme Court of the United States subverted the U.S. Constitution, namely, the Preamble, as well as the Fifth and Fourteenth Amendments, without any legal authority (Article 6, Clause 2 “Supremacy Clause”).
- Governing authorities at every level have a duty before God to uphold justice, asserting their God-ordained and constitutional authority to establish equal protection under the law for all, born and preborn, by intervening, ignoring, or nullifying iniquitous decisions when other authorities, such as the Supreme Court, condone such injustices as the legal taking of innocent life (Daniel 3; 1 Kings 12; 2 Kings 11; Jeremiah 26:10-16; 36:9-31; 37:11- 21; 39:7-10).
- Over the past 48 years with 60+ million abortions, traditional Pro-life laws, though well intended, have not established equal protection and justice for the preborn, but on the contrary, appallingly, have established incremental, regulatory guidelines for when, where, why, and how to obtain legal abortion of innocent preborn children, thereby legally sanctioning abortion.
- The murder of preborn children is a crime against humanity that must be punished equally under the law.
- Ectopic pregnancies are a tragedy during which medical triage is necessary, with doctors never ceasing to treat both mother and baby as human beings and upholding the Hippocratic Oath by exhausting all possible options to save as many human lives as they can.
- We reject any position that allows for any exceptions to the legal protection of our preborn neighbors, compromises God’s holy standard of justice, or promotes any God-hating partiality (Psa 94:6; Isa 10:1-2; Prov. 24:11; Psa 82:1-4).
- We will not embrace an incremental approach to ending abortion because it challenges God’s Lordship over the heart and the conscience and rejects His call to repent of sin completely and immediately (Gen. 3:1; John 8:44; Rom 2:14-15; 2 Cor 11:3).
- We deny that the treatment of an ectopic pregnancy is abortion. The predominant number of babies that implant somewhere other than the uterus pass away before any treatment is given. Removal of a deceased baby is not abortion. In cases of surviving ectopics, we must not equivocate between preterm delivery (leading to the unintended and inevitable death of the baby) and the intentional destruction of the baby by abortion through Dilation and Evacuation (D&E) or Dilation and Curettage (D&C). This conflation of preterm delivery with intentional destruction also impugns grieving parents who are forced to deliver the child early.
- We humbly lament, confess, and repent of any complicity in recognizing exceptions that legitimize or regulate abortion, and of any apathy in not laboring with the power and influence we have to abolish abortion (Prov. 24:10, 12; Zephaniah 1:12-13; Rom 12:11; Galatians 6:9; Hebrews 12:1-7; James 4:17; Revelation 3:2, 6, 15-16)
- We will engage, with God’s help, in establishing equal justice and protection for the preborn according to the authority of God’s Word, as well as local and federal law, and call upon pastors and leaders to use their God-given gifts of preaching, teaching, and leading with one unified, principled, prophetic voice, to abolish abortion (Matt 28:18-20; 2 Cor 2:17; 4:1-6; 5:11, 20).
- Because abolishing abortion is a Great Commission issue, we must call upon governing authorities at all levels to repent and “obey everything that [Christ] has commanded,” exhorting them to bear fruit in keeping with repentance by faithfully executing their responsibilities as God’s servants of justice, and working with all urgency to enact legislation, using the full weight of their office to interpose on behalf of the preborn, abolishing abortion immediately, without exception or compromise (Mark 6:18; Matt 28:18-20; Rom 13:4, 6).
- We must rescue those being take away to death because God commands us to, and this is exactly what Christ has done for believers. click to learn more
- We must reject to the approval of murder because God does not approve of the murder of those without detectable heartbeats; He does not approve of killing the innocent only after you have waited 72 hours; He does not approve of slaughtering children with vacuums or pills, just as long as you cannot dismember them with forceps, and neither should we. click to learn more
- We must demand our governing authorities establish equal justice, making it illegal to murder babies because governing authorities must not judge unjustly nor show partiality to the wicked. They must give justice to the weak and the fatherless, maintaining the right of the afflicted and the destitute. click to learn more
- We must reject any medicine that kills babies as well as medicine that was produced by killing babies because we are commanded to “take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them” (Ephesians 5:11). click to learn more
- We must go to the abortion clinics; preaching the gospel, pleading with parents not to slaughter their children, and providing real help because when believers do this, God saves sinners and rescues babies. click to learn more
- We must proclaim the horrors of abortion and point everyone to Christ crucified because this is how God rescues babies, sanctifies saints, and saves sinners. click to learn more
- The Five Tenets of Abolitionism
- The Five Components of an Abolition Bill
- Doctrinal Statement Addendum: On Abolishing Abortion
- Frequently Asked Questions
TO BE EQUIPPED AND PREPARE TO TAKE ACTION, CLICK HERE
WILL YOU IMITATE CHRIST AND RESCUE THOSE BEING TAKEN AWAY TO DEATH?
You will stand before God and give an account. The only way that will go well for you is because, if you are in Christ, Jesus rescued you who were being carried off to death! He marched to the cross to rescue you as you were stumbling to the slaughter. He interposed His precious blood. Seeing that Christ is our great example of rescuing those being carried off to death, we must not only offer real help to those who come to us, we must actively interpose on behalf of our preborn neighbors and at the same time offer the real hope of Christ clothed in His gospel. Did Christ Jesus only say, “Come to me . . . and I will give you rest?” (Matthew 11:28) or did He also say, “The Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost” (Luke 19:10)? You know He said both. Jesus is not only the Great Physician you must come to for help, He is also the Hound of Heaven who must track you down and rescue you without your permission. His rescue of you has left you a model for rescuing others, believer. Proverbs 24:11 is what the Lord Jesus Christ has done for you. Will you not do for others, in your small way, what Christ has done for you in His infinite way? As Christ has rescued us, we must rescue others. Oh, how sweet that the rescued become the rescuers!