THE FIVE COMPONENTS OF AN ABOLITION BILL
COMPONENT 1. FROM CONCEPTION
First and foremost, an abolition bill establishes that there is no right to murder a preborn human being at any stage. An abolition bill does not regulate which preborn human beings are old enough to be protected by law – it outlaws abortion itself. Any law regarding the legality of abortion which fails to outlaw the murder of preborn human beings from conception implicitly or explicitly legitimizes the murder of some children and is therefore iniquitous and entirely unacceptable.
COMPONENT 2. NO EXCEPTIONS
An abolition bill does not leave any preborn humans unprotected by law, unlike most Pro-Life bills, which allow for exceptions. Three exceptions, in particular, are present in many pro-life bills: the rape exception, incest exception, and life/health of the mother exception. Victims of rape should have the support of the communities, and rapists should face swift justice, but people conceived in rape or incest are no less created in the image of God than any of us. We must not allow the murder of a child for the crimes of the father.
Regarding situations where the life of the mother is in jeopardy, there is no need for the intentional murder of the child. There are cases where the child must be delivered early, and in those cases, the child may have a lower probability of survival than a child born at full-term, but intentional murder must not be allowed as an option. Doctors must be healers, not killers. Abolition bills treat these emergency situations like the triage situations that they are. The doctor must treat both patients like human beings. Doctors are fulfilling their rightful role if they are doing all that they can to preserve the most human lives that they can. That does not mean murdering the baby can be used as an answer for any pregnancy complication, but it does mean that doctors in triage situations must do what they can to preserve as many lives as possible and should not face any penalty as long as they are doing so in good faith.
COMPONENT 3. EQUAL PROTECTION
An abolition bill simply makes preborn human beings equal under the law, as mandated by God’s prohibition against partiality and the 14th amendment of the U.S. Constitution. That means murdering or being an accomplice to the murder of a preborn human being comes with the same legal penalty as murdering or being an accomplice to the murder of a born human being. Pro-Life bills that give automatic legal immunity to the mother in all cases deprive preborn human beings of equal justice and protection. Giving the mother automatic immunity protects do-it-yourself abortion, which is on the rise. To say that the mother should be immune from penalty in the murder of her child is, in essence, to say that she has the right to murder her child. Abortion is not actually abolished if the mother is free to murder her child with impunity. Further, penalties are a deterrent. The law is a tutor, and laws that give people immunity in the murder of their child provide them no incentive not to do it. There are countless post-abortive mothers and fathers in the Abolitionist Movement who desperately wish that abortion had been classified as homicide so that this just punishment would have dissuaded them from murdering their child.
COMPONENT 4. DEFY ROE
The Supreme Court is not the Supreme Being. They can be wrong, and when they are wrong so egregiously and intentionally as to legalize mass murder, the Christian magistrate and citizen alike must stand firmly on the Word of God in defiance of that decree (Daniel 3, Exodus 1:15-19, Acts 5:27-32, 1 Kings 12, 2 Kings 11). Roe is an obviously evil, obviously unconstitutional Supreme Court opinion ordering the states to allow mass murder within their jurisdictions. An abolition bill recognizes that the courts have no rightful authority to legalize murder. Court opinions legalizing murder are null and void by their nature and will be treated as such upon the passage of an abolition bill. This component is utterly rejected by the Pro-Life Establishment, which takes a posture of unconditional submission to the Supreme Court, which is idolatry.
COMPONENT 5. REPEAL OR SUPERSEDE STATUTES ALLOWING ABORTION
Many laws have been passed by pro-life politicians regulating the murder of preborn human beings — where they can be murdered, when they can be murdered, how they can be murdered, the licensing needed to murder them, etc. An abolition bill repeals or supersedes these regulations because they codify into law the acceptability of murder in certain circumstances, and therefore must be repealed or superseded for abortion to be abolished. Abortion cannot be abolished while laws on the books establish that abortion is legal as long as you jump through Pro-Life hoops. These laws must be repealed or superseded. An abolition bill does exactly that.
- We must rescue those being take away to death because God commands us to, and this is exactly what Christ has done for believers. click to learn more
- We must reject to the approval of murder because God does not approve of the murder of those without detectable heartbeats; He does not approve of killing the innocent only after you have waited 72 hours; He does not approve of slaughtering children with vacuums or pills, just as long as you cannot dismember them with forceps, and neither should we. click to learn more
- We must demand our governing authorities establish equal justice, making it illegal to murder babies because governing authorities must not judge unjustly nor show partiality to the wicked. They must give justice to the weak and the fatherless, maintaining the right of the afflicted and the destitute. click to learn more
- We must reject any medicine that kills babies as well as medicine that was produced by killing babies because we are commanded to “take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them” (Ephesians 5:11). click to learn more
- We must go to the abortion clinics; preaching the gospel, pleading with parents not to slaughter their children, and providing real help because when believers do this, God saves sinners and rescues babies. click to learn more
- We must proclaim the horrors of abortion and point everyone to Christ crucified because this is how God rescues babies, sanctifies saints, and saves sinners. click to learn more
- The Five Tenets of Abolitionism
- The Five Components of an Abolition Bill
- Doctrinal Statement Addendum: On Abolishing Abortion
- Frequently Asked Questions
TO BE EQUIPPED AND PREPARE TO TAKE ACTION, CLICK HERE
WILL YOU IMITATE CHRIST AND RESCUE THOSE BEING TAKEN AWAY TO DEATH?
You will stand before God and give an account. The only way that will go well for you is because, if you are in Christ, Jesus rescued you who were being carried off to death! He marched to the cross to rescue you as you were stumbling to the slaughter. He interposed His precious blood. Seeing that Christ is our great example of rescuing those being carried off to death, we must not only offer real help to those who come to us, we must actively interpose on behalf of our preborn neighbors and at the same time offer the real hope of Christ clothed in His gospel. Did Christ Jesus only say, “Come to me . . . and I will give you rest?” (Matthew 11:28) or did He also say, “The Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost” (Luke 19:10)? You know He said both. Jesus is not only the Great Physician you must come to for help, He is also the Hound of Heaven who must track you down and rescue you without your permission. His rescue of you has left you a model for rescuing others, believer. Proverbs 24:11 is what the Lord Jesus Christ has done for you. Will you not do for others, in your small way, what Christ has done for you in His infinite way? As Christ has rescued us, we must rescue others. Oh, how sweet that the rescued become the rescuers!