WE MUST REJECT THE APPROVAL OF MURDER
The numbers of recorded abortion procedures in Oklahoma, Texas, Alabama, and Georgia went up from 2015-2018 despite having multiple Pro-Life abortion bills passed, signed into law, and upheld by the courts. Why then did the numbers rise, considering these are some of the most Pro-Life States in the Union? The answer is simple and may be quite shocking. Reported abortion numbers have risen in these states because Pro-Life bills, as well-intentioned as they may be, give approval to murder.
All that Pro-Life regulations do, in the end, is tell a murderer when they are allowed to dismember their child, starve their baby to death, or suck them out with a vacuum, which the parents in fact do.
Because, again, all Pro-Life laws do is tell a killer when, where, and how they can kill. If we are to frame this biblically, think of it like this: parents eager to sacrifice their children will travel wherever they must to find Molech’s altar (see Leviticus 20:1-5). You can make it further away, and they will rise earlier; make it more expensive, they will save; make it more difficult, they will accept the challenge and overcome your obstacles. Killers are cunning and creative. If you approve of murder—as all Pro-Life regulations do—they will take advantage of it and slaughter their children.
What does God say concerning the approval of murder? To answer that question, we need to look at the end of Romans chapter 1. In it, Paul describes what idolaters do, and it includes this:
“[Idolaters] are full of . . . murder. . . . . Though they know God’s righteous decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, they not only do them but give approval to those who practice them” (Romans 1:29, 32).
Did you catch that? Though idolaters know God’s righteous decree, nonetheless, they not only murder but also give approval to those who do. And the truth is that any bill or regulation that says, in effect, “You cannot murder these babies, but you can murder those” (heartbeat bills, etc.) or “You cannot murder babies this way, but you can murder them that way” (dismemberment bills, etc.) are in the end simply approving of murder.
Regulation bills are the only pieces of legislation the Pro-Life Movement has put forward and supported in the past 50 years of this fight against the abortion holocaust. Sadly, those caught up in the Pro-Life Movement are busy congratulating themselves—celebrating abortion regulations and restrictions— while babies are being taken away to death every day. Image bearers of God are stumbling to the slaughter while Pro-Life leaders are stumbling to the podium to accept their award for how Pro-Life they are. Little Children are being carried off to death as Pro-Life legislators are being carried on shoulders of congratulation and paid thousands of dollars to speak at events.
However, in stark contrast to Pro-Life bills, Abolition bills seek to establish equal justice, providing no hoops or loopholes to jump through in order to murder children. Abolition bills are consistent with Holy Scripture and do not show partiality. Abolition bills reject the approval of murder—any murder. In short, Abolition bills would protect every single baby under the law.
This is right. God does not approve of the murder of those without detectable heartbeats; He does not approve of killing the innocent only after you have waited 72 hours; He does not approve of slaughtering children with vacuums or pills, just as long as you cannot dismember them with forceps, and neither should we. Therefore abortion must be abolished immediately without exception or compromise. Will you reject the approval of murder?
- We must rescue those being take away to death because God commands us to, and this is exactly what Christ has done for believers. click to learn more
- We must reject to the approval of murder because God does not approve of the murder of those without detectable heartbeats; He does not approve of killing the innocent only after you have waited 72 hours; He does not approve of slaughtering children with vacuums or pills, just as long as you cannot dismember them with forceps, and neither should we. click to learn more
- We must demand our governing authorities establish equal justice, making it illegal to murder babies because governing authorities must not judge unjustly nor show partiality to the wicked. They must give justice to the weak and the fatherless, maintaining the right of the afflicted and the destitute. click to learn more
- We must reject any medicine that kills babies as well as medicine that was produced by killing babies because we are commanded to “take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them” (Ephesians 5:11). click to learn more
- We must go to the abortion clinics; preaching the gospel, pleading with parents not to slaughter their children, and providing real help because when believers do this, God saves sinners and rescues babies. click to learn more
- We must proclaim the horrors of abortion and point everyone to Christ crucified because this is how God rescues babies, sanctifies saints, and saves sinners. click to learn more
- The Five Tenets of Abolitionism
- The Five Components of an Abolition Bill
- Doctrinal Statement Addendum: On Abolishing Abortion
- Frequently Asked Questions
WILL YOU IMITATE CHRIST AND RESCUE THOSE BEING TAKEN AWAY TO DEATH?
You will stand before God and give an account. The only way that will go well for you is because, if you are in Christ, Jesus rescued you who were being carried off to death! He marched to the cross to rescue you as you were stumbling to the slaughter. He interposed His precious blood. Seeing that Christ is our great example of rescuing those being carried off to death, we must not only offer real help to those who come to us, we must actively interpose on behalf of our preborn neighbors and at the same time offer the real hope of Christ clothed in His gospel. Did Christ Jesus only say, “Come to me . . . and I will give you rest?” (Matthew 11:28) or did He also say, “The Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost” (Luke 19:10)? You know He said both. Jesus is not only the Great Physician you must come to for help, He is also the Hound of Heaven who must track you down and rescue you without your permission. His rescue of you has left you a model for rescuing others, believer. Proverbs 24:11 is what the Lord Jesus Christ has done for you. Will you not do for others, in your small way, what Christ has done for you in His infinite way? As Christ has rescued us, we must rescue others. Oh, how sweet that the rescued become the rescuers!